Humanising Language Teaching Magazine
1. The format of articles submitted for publication
|open so that editorial changes can be introduced, NOT for viewing only/
|Times New Roman
|bold font 14 , e.g. This is the Title of my Article
|bold font 12, e.g. This is my name
|of author/s - 2-3 lines + possibly e-mail address if the author/s agree - plain font 12, e.g.
XYZ is a teacher at............. S/he is interested in. Has written / co written. Current interests are.
Enjoys working with.............. E-mail: ................
|bold font 12
|plain font 12 underlined e.g.
|bold font 12 e.g. Introduction
|main body of article
|plain font 12
|do not indent, leave a free line between paragraphs
References plain font 12 e.g.
name, initials, (year) Title /underlined/, publisher, if applicable pages pp
a long article is usually 5-10 pages
a short article is usually 1-4 pages
letters, lesson plans pretty relaxed format/length as long as you stick to the general outlines
- there is no strict word limit as this is an website magazine and space/columns are not a problem
- avoid footnotes
- if in doubt look up sample articles on the website or contact the Editor
2. Other useful information
- We can publish images - please submit in jpg format - sent as a separate file/s.
- Your article can be linked to a website of your choice or recommendation.
- We can put in a banner of your school, publication/s, website link in the issue in which you publish an article. More frequent appearances of the banner to be negotiated with the Editor.
- It is best if you provide the banner in the form you want it to appear on the website.
- We cannot guarantee that if you submit an article it will be published in HLT.
- It is up to the Editor to decide in which issue your article will be included, depending on the general theme of the whole issue.
- The Editor has the right to introduce some editorial changes.
- Generally HLT does not publish any advertising.
- Permission to reprint articles published in HLT can be negotiated with the Editor.