Our Childrens' Courses
Mario Rinvolucri, Pilgrims, UK
You will often be asked by members of your own family, by friends and by the parents of the students you to teach to recommend a safe and exciting summer language course for people between the ages of 8 and 18.
Pilgrims have been running kids courses since 1977, when Jim Wingate, who you may know of as a prolific writer and genial trainer, started the first ones. Determined to find teachers with first class personal qualities, Jim set off round UK in a van and interviewed every single person who applied to teach on those courses. He did not bother to read the CVs they sent in and then short-list people. He needed to meet everybody. Jim has never been shy of massive hard work.
The same can be said of the present teams of teachers who run our courses at half a dozen purpose built schools round the South East of England. They are probably some of the most Japanese-like teachers you will find on any UK summer courses for teenagers.
When I say " Japanese-like" I mean that they cater unstintingly to the needs of the children in their care. Nothing is too much trouble.
What are the benefits of sending children on our courses:
1. The students enormously develop their social skills and this across nationality boundaries. ( we run strict nationality quotas)
2. Shy kids will often open up and allow their interpersonal intelligence to flower.
3. English becomes real to them. Suddenly it has a use and is no longer just another school subject, somehow dictated by its place on the school timetable.
4. They gain confidence in themselves and in their ability to understand and be understood in English.
5. They return home with unforgettable memories of their time with Pilgrims… hence the number of children who are back again the following summer. Jokingly, we call such people " recidivists" !
6. Parents who send their children to us gain peace of mind as they know that their off-spring are in safe hands.
This post Easter-period is when our courses start filling up, so speed is of the essence.
To find out more about dates, school locations and prices, please click HERE.